Then my cute sister posted a blog link about a sock bun she had seen on pinterest and tried. I cut up my own sock and watched a tutorial. It turned out okay...but nothing amazing. While shopping this weekend, I happened to find something similar to this:

and I decided for the price, it was worth a shot.
I did my hair like this for school yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It held the whole day and kept its shape. I was impressed and totally recommend trying it out. I'm sure I'm behind on times because I'm not a pinterest'er. I haven't fully embraced the craze, but apparently it's spreading like wildfire.
Case in point:
I had a student come up to me yesterday morning and say, "I like your sock bun, Mrs. Rasmussen."
Me: Wow! How did you know it was a sock bun?
Student: Mrs. Rasmussen...it's all over pinterest.
Haha...even the 12 year olds are all about pinterest. Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon one of these days...

(This is how it turned out and looked by the end of the day)
4 comments:
ohhh it did turn out looking great! love it.
i can NOT pull off a bun of any sort but this really looks perf on you. :)
That contraption looks like a sugar donut...what is it!? Your bun looks fab though!!!
Where did you get it?!!!
Post a Comment