Of course, the day started with an explosion of Valentine flavor since I spent it with 27 6th graders. Plenty of valentines, candy, valentine boxes, and gifts (I even received a Romeo and Juliet book). I've never seen such creative boxes in my life. I should've taken more pictures but I did get the one on the far right. Don't worry, it's a motorized valentines box. HA! Awesome. And how cute is that little iPod valentine? It's stinking adorable.

By late afternoon, I had a surprise delivery with a card that said, "Guess who?" Even though I tried to explain to my class that it was from Mr. Rasmussen, they didn't quite trust it. They were convinced that I would never figure out who sent them. Oh brother.

We made sure to also do a Vday craft for the parents. I found this idea on Martha Stewart's site and loved it. We took lots of pictures on Monday, quickly got them developed, and created the cards on Tuesday. They were totally into it. I pulled out my craft box from a few summers ago when we were living in PA. My kids were in heaven. The boys were almost more into than the girls! They turned out adorable... I wish I could post them!

We also had a Valentines party that afternoon thrown by the parents. I was in charge of a photo booth. Since I have some very "star of the show" kinds of kids in my class, I knew they'd love it. Here were some of the props I prepared. I still get creeped out looking at that picture of the black mustache. I remind myself of a female Hitler. YIKES.

That was my Valentines morning/afternoon..whew! I'm almost too worn out to write pt. 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment