Snowed in.

9:07 PM


I had a ridiculous amount of school prepping to do this weekend, so I wasn't too upset about being snowed in for most of the weekend. Alright, technically we weren't snowed in... BUT, I'm just saying that when you need to read 5 different books, write lesson plans, grade tests, and other fun things like that, a little snow made it a bit cozier and less tempting to leave the house (I hate driving in the snow). Have any of you read these books? Okay, obviously you've probably all read Harry Potter. So far I'd recommend all of the others though.


Now I need a moment to stand on my soap box and rag on the horrible media we have these days. I am so disappointed with it all, especially this weekend. The only thing I'll get into is the whole Jo Pa deal. Joe Paterno passed away from lung cancer last night/this morning. As we were driving to church this morning, the radio came on (literally...by itself --- JD's audio in his car randomly turns on when it gets warm) and this was how they announced his death: "Joe Paterno passes away at the age of 85. Paterno was fired from Penn State for taking part in a child sex scandal in November." Okay, REALLY? Really?? First of all, get your whole story straight on the child sex-scandal. Secondly, I'm not even some huge Jo Pa fan, but I still feel for the fans of Penn State and I think it's a bit insensitive to announce someone's death and then mention the worst part of his life. Why can't we remember the good things about him? And even more, why are we acting like he was the one molesting little kids??? By no means am I saying that what he did was right or the best decision, but I am saying that when a man dies, we can throw him a bone here and say some nice things about a life that was spent being a good role model for 85 years. Sheena Marie, people. Sheena MArie.


Alright..my heart rate is back to normal and I think I'll stop now before I get too heated! WOO! Crazy Ashley is done!

No comments: