A California Christmas.

12:05 AM

This Christmas we spent some time in California with the Rasmussen fam. It was so good to all be together again. We've had a few get-togethers here and there this past year, but it always seems like someone is missing, so it was fun to have everybody there.

When I was in 2nd grade, my grandma passed away from Breast Cancer. I was able to visit her grave again in 6th grade, but hadn't been there since. It turns out, it was quite close to the rehab center where JD's dad is at so we decided to make a visit while we were in L.A. It was a really awesome thing to get to feel close to her again. It's always hard to think back on how little time I was able to spend with her. Everyone I know who knew her, always talks about how she was one of the greatest women they ever knew...and I don't doubt that for one second.








Jayme introduced me to her delicious Christmas cookie tradition. Needless to say, I may have enjoyed creating cookies more than the nephews. I guess that's why I teach elementary school. This was one of my creations... I wish I would've had more pictures BC I am still pretty proud.


We admired the sunset...a lot. It's pretty easy to do when every time you look in your backyard you see this:


And you better believe we all put on our Christmas jammies...courtesy of the lovely Jayme Rasmussen. I considered telling you how many hours I wore these PJ's for, but then realized a lot of judgments would likely be cast. I thought I'd spare you.




Oh yeah...and we admired it some more.


With a crazy twist of events, my trip in CA was cut short. More details to come on that one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous of this. I love the Christmas pjs and the sunset, but just a little bit.