
See this lovely photo above? Did you happen to notice the fact that the actual curtain is about 2.5" off the ground? It wasn't always like that. It's semi-new, and although I am pretty good about washing our shower liner, I have put off washing the curtain until now. It has some ruffles and stuff and I feel like things with ruffles never look the same after a wash.
I finally threw it all in to the washer and dryer last week. We went to my aunt's for dinner, and when we came home, I went to put the liner and curtain up and noticed that the liner was at least 2 inches longer than the curtain. CRAP. I didn't really think about the fact that the curtain would shrink! My bad. JD tried to make a convincing argument that it wasn't that bad and it still looked great. I've known him long enough to know why he made the argument. And he's known me long enough to know why he needed to make the argument. Clearly he was thinking that I would use the shrinkage as an excuse to buy a new curtain. Although that is something I can see myself doing, I'm also not about to fork out $50 for a new curtain AND get it to match everything else in there. I have too many other things to worry about in my life right now.
So we'll take our little white curtain and deal with it. I'll look on the bright side - maybe the bottom of it will get less dirty!
1 comment:
Same thing happened to my curtains over the kitchen window only they shrunk like 4 inches! It looks so stupid but I don't really care since we're moving in a couple weeks :]
Post a Comment