Parent/Teacher Conferences...

9:41 PM

have come to an end. It was a tiring, but necessary (& in most cases good) last two days. Should I be embarrassed that my students suggested I treat myself to Awful Waffle once these 48 hours were over? I think I'll take it as a compliment instead.

Two of my students enjoyed rubbing it in my face all day that they were at the Taylor Swift concert last night while I sat with parents and looked at progress reports. I keep telling myself that it wouldn't have been that great anyway. Most people tell me she isn't very good live. Judging by the fact that JD and I have already promised ourselves we will be at her next show in Utah, I'm thinking I haven't done a very good job of convincing myself.

Now are you ready for the big news? (Drum roll, please).....I sluffed out on Awful Waffle tonight and went to Yogurtland instead. My cousin Michael is in town from Ohio so a few of us cousins met up together tonight and tested out some new flavors. They have a new blackberry lemon mint flavor that I'm still debating on. I have mixed feelings.



It's so good to be with family. There's something about it that just makes me so happy, even after a long day. Michael may or may not be coming to Utah for grad school next year. I vote YES!

Amazing things about today:
1. The PTA gave us the most delicious dinner tonight. It was so yummy. A big thank you to them!
2. School pictures are tomorrow and my colony of zits is retreating... hopefully sooner than later. I'm sure they'll still be parked next to my lips for tomorrow, but at least they aren't as red as they were yesterday. GROSS. I hate acne.
3. Most of my students have already brought their monthly projects into class (it's due tomorrow) and they look AWESOME!
4. A few of my students were SO sweet and bought me books from the book fair. It warmed my heart. Here's to growing those book shelves more!

Tomorrow is...FRIDAY! Hope it's a good one!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations for surviving parent teacher conferences!! It really is exhausting. Also, maybe this is embarrassing to share, but I had a huge pregnancy induced pimple on my chin when I took my school pictures...the company totally airbrushed it (which was also embarrassing). They also airbrushed Stephani's freckles too. So don't worry about it?