Making my way back to the kitchen...

7:22 PM

Slowly, but surely.

Tonight I cooked for the first time in a month (I get embarrassed even typing those words). Literally. Actually, it's been over a month. Yes I've made little things for BBQ's and stuff, but I haven't actually cooked a meal since about a week before school started. Things have been a little crazy around here with traveling, school, teaching, etc, etc. I know you're probably judging me/wondering what in the world we've been feeding ourselves with. Not to worry. We've eaten plenty of crap. I actually should give JD some serious credit here. He's cooked about 5 times in the last month for us --- which is 5 more times than I have. And it's all been delicious, I might add.

I finally went grocery shopping last night though AND I have the next 8 days lined up with meals. They're all new recipes and they all look divine. I'm especially excited for two of the soups I'll be making. The one good thing about the cooler weather settling in? I feel justified in making soup; actually, I always feel justified in soup...I'm moreso talking about the fact that justifying to the husband gets a little easier when it's cold.

On the menu tonight? Creamy Caprese Pasta (found here).



Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Julia said...

What's for the other 7 days? This sounds great. I might make it tomorrow too. I have everything bit cream and basil