I really can't claim to have always been very good at making my bed. In fact, before I was married, it was a rare occasion. For some reason though, ever since J and I have been married, I have become some compulsive neat freak. JD is actually VERY good at making the bed most of the time. We slacked a little this summer, but while we're in school we're pretty darn good. One reason why we've had to become good about this, is because for some reason by the time we wake up every day, our bed is a mess. Half of the comforter is coming off the bed, the sheets are everywhere, and the pillows are strewn across the floor. I never remembered having this problem when I slept alone, but didn't really question it too much. I just knew that the place was a wreck every morning and that we pretty much couldn't get away without making our bed because of it.
Since JD has been gone so much recently, I've realized something very interesting. Although I've only been using one side of the bed, you'll notice that the comforter is still in tact, the sheets haven't even moved (I don't really like to sleep under sheets...weird, I know), and the pillows are mostly untouched. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that I am married to a sleep monster. His family warned me that he was a pretty mobile sleeper, but I never imagined it would look like a tornado had swept across the bed each morning! I guess it really was him after all! But hey, as long as one of us makes the bed each day, I think I'll keep him ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment