Bad freaking luck.

4:27 PM

Alright...I'm thinking that I need to stop drinking Izze A.S.A.P.

J and I saw these at Costco for a way good price, so naturally we bought them. The very first morning I took one, I was headed to one of my New Teacher Induction Trainings. That specific day, they took us on a tour of the district via school busses. Occasionally we would stop at schools and a teacher would present to us in their classroom. At one of our stops, I decided to set my Izze in the back pocket of my messenger bag (which is new, and very nice --- just sayin') as we walked into the school. The second I sat in the classroom, I went to pull it out and noticed that I had a HUGE puddle in the pocket. I ripped my phone and other valuables out (which survived, thank goodness) and ran to the bathroom. I proceeded to pour, yes pour, the carbonated juice out of my bag. AWESOME. I cleaned everything out once I got home that day, and that was that. I decided to stay away for a while just because the bottle caps don't really screw on very well.

Well, last night JD and I decided to hold off on the "The Help" and see it on Tuesday night when it's way cheaper at the Wynsong. Instead, we got a movie from RedBox. J popped some popcorn and I pulled out the drinks. I was very daring and reached for an Izze. I even took the picture above, just to show off my cute little doily coasters I got on sale at Urban a while back. Aren't they cute? Anyway... halfway through the movie I had the Izze on my lap (that was my first wrong move) and accidently knocked it over towards me. My cat-like reflex skills immediately grabbed the neck of bottle and shoved it the other way. That didn't help much. In fact, it only made it worse. The second I did that, it sent the juice flying out the top in the other direction. I was covered in Izze. The couch was covered in Izze. EVERYTHING was covered in Izze. Cripes. It was a mess.

I think I'm going on an Izze boycott again. The carbonated juice gods have warned me one too many times and I think I'm finally listening now.

No comments: