happy 4th!!

8:54 PM

This was our 2nd Fourth of July together as husband & wife. JD and I grew up in completely different worlds as far as the fourth is concerned. For me, the 4th of July was a huge celebration growing up. Since Perrysburg is home to a few battles from the war of 1812, we go all out. It's a huge party all weekend with fireworks on the 3rd in the center of the battle field. No better way to celebrate, right? Then on the actual 4th, we always went to the big celebration at our country club. I can't really remember any other way of celebrating it. JD on the other hand doesn't quite remember any city celebrations. I am slowly converting him to big 4th of July celebrations... we're getting there!

This is us last year in Pennsylvania... the boys in the office put on their own show with fireworks. I'm not going to lie, there were some scary moments!

..And this is us this year! We went up to Park City & stayed at Trev's cabin. We watched a fireworks show at The Canyons and were literally sitting RIGHT below them. We had some close calls...let's just say that.







I am so grateful to live in America. When I think of everything that went into the foundation of this country, I can't help but feel a little emotional. I feel so much gratitude when I think of the men and women who put so much on the line and fought for a cause that they believed in then, and still do. I know the video below is a little silly (especially the end) but some girls from my major showed it in a lesson that they used for teaching about the Revolutionary War and I absolutely loved it. Watch it. I think you'll enjoy.



Happy Independence Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Jessica Holly said...

hahah that is great. I wish i had known about this when I taught my Revolutionary War unit!