LDS Stand on Homosexuality.

9:14 PM

As I'm sure many of you have heard, President Boyd K. Packer (apostle in our church) gave our talk in our world-wide conference a few weeks ago where he touched on various topics. One of those happened to be homosexuality. I wanted to address this topic because I do have so many friends who are not of my faith and I hope that they can try and understand our point of view as well. I realize that not everyone will agree, but I do think it is important in any situation to try and see where people with the opposite point of view are coming from.

Obviously the talk, as we expected, caused an uproar in the media and amongst people, especially in the U.S. For those of you who have not actually listened to the talk, or only heard about bits and pieces, I would encourage you to listen or read it on lds.org. The Human Rights Campaign had a hay day and so the Church Public Relations director spoke in response to the different articles and complaints throughout the media. If you have any other questions for me about our beliefs on this subject, I would be happy to answer them.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ashley, I am so impressed! This was important to address and you did it beautifully! I hadn't seen the video before and it was equally impressive. Thank you for posting this to help insure better understanding among all people.

Aaron and Mercedes said...

I need a "like" button! I completely agree and open for talking as well :)