This is how I feel EVERY DAY.

10:28 PM

Homework, oh homework I hate you, you stink.
I wish I could wash you away in the sink.
If only a bomb would explode you to bits,
homework oh homework you're giving me fits.

I'd rather take baths with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion alone in the dark.
Eat spinach and liver, pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework my teacher assigns.

Homework oh homework YOU'RE LAST ON MY LIST.
I simply don't see why you even exist.
If you'd just disappear it would tickle me pink.
Homework oh homework I hate you, you stink.
- Shel Silverstein

Maybe it's because I'm an Elementary Education major, but every time I open up my books when I get home from school, this poem always comes into my mind.

Note to self: Don't make your students feel this way when you are the teacher.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha i had to memorize that poem in elementary school and I totally still know it word for word.

danielle said...

1. i remember this poem
2. yes. yes. i did all this homework you're doing now during spring. please tell me what stuff to email so i feel like it actually gets some use.
3. you can do it.
4. rawr