
Is it totally weird if I admit that I am a "thank you" note hoarder? Seriously. I keep them ALL. Why? I don't know. I guess I think they are some of the best pick me ups ever. Case in point: One time my roommate Nat wrote a little note to me and left if on my desk. I pinned it on my bulletin board and had it there for practically a year (and it only came down because I got married and moved out).
I guess I also like them because compliments are hard to give in person. Like, really hard/awkward. I call myself a "compliment passer." For example, if someone tells me something nice about someone else, I try to make sure I tell the person they were talking about. How lame am I? I don't know why I have a hard time telling people all the wonderful things I think about them. I guess I just don't want to come off weird. I will say though, I DO love writing a good thank you note. They are my favorite things. I love picking them out, having lots of them in my desk just in case, and I even love receiving them (don't judge... you do too!). At one point, I even would carry them around in my purse, just in case I felt like I should write one spur of the moment.
I just love cute little notes. Tonight I was looking through one of my journals. You know how Moleskins have the little pocket in the back? Yeah well, that's where I hoard lots of thank you notes I've received... or just sweet little notes in general (not necessarily thank you's). The people who I have them from would probably think I was SUCH a weirdo if they knew I still had them, but I don't care. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I hope that the people I write them to keep theirs & know that I mean every word I say.
Case closed. I am a firm believer in the power of nice notes... post its, cards, scrap paper... whatever. People should give them. People should get them. And in my case, I should keep them because they make me feel happy and grateful to be surrounded by such nice people. It's the little things that make life so much sweeter.
1 comment:
i loved this. i'm glad someone else keeps all of theirs too. :]
Post a Comment