
I would just like to announce that I am one proud woman right now. I have gone a little over 2 months now without blow drying or straightening my hair. Now I won't lie... I have curled it probably about 3 times in there, but still! This is monumental for me. I can't tell if it's just the humidity (my hair is broken, dry, and gross in Utah/dry weather), but I am really noticing a difference in my hair. I still have the strays and splits throughout my hair & I think those will take a while to get rid of (they are a result of years of heat, you know). BUT, my hair is healthier and I even notice that it is thicker.
It's great though. I just let it air dry every day. I use to hate doing that because I felt like all the broken ends were much more noticeable without my straightener. PLUS, my hair is pretty straight, but with the humidity it kind of has random dents (maybe dents wasn't the best word to use...but you know what I mean) which my straightener would normally fix. I figured that I can't straighten it forever in my attempt to "hide" my damaged hair. SO, I decided to have a heat fast this summer and I have loved it! I'm hoping I can keep it up when I go back to Utah. Of course I will probably have a lot more days where I need to be somewhere important, fast & I HAVE to blow dry it, but I really am going to try and make this more of my every day lifestyle.
When I think back on how loooong it's been that I've been using a blow dryer, I feel so sad for my poor hair. It has been through the ringer (and it doesn't help that I get blonde highlights..oops!). I've decided that when I have little girls (and I am PRAYING I have at least one...one day), I am going to wait for a long time before I let them use one!
2 comments:
yes! you've converted to my ways!
proud.
you said you wanted only 5 boys you liar.
WHOA! Not 5 kids. 4. AND, I will explain to you later why I have changed my mind.
Post a Comment