Food for thought.

5:42 PM


The other day I made Penne Rosa (which is one of my favorite things to get from Noodles and Company). I found the recipe on some blog (I'm not very good at keeping track of these things anymore). Anyway, it ended up being SO good & I had to share the recipe.

Ingredients:
-1 box Penne pasta
-1 T. white wine (I used white wine vinegar...may sound weird, but that's what I had)
-2 T. olive oil
-1/2 tsp. ground/crushed red pepper
-1/4 c. heavy cream (I only had light cream so I used that)***
-1/2 c. marinara sauce***
-1/4 c. sliced mushrooms (canned, drained, or fresh) --- Not a fan of mushrooms so I opted out
-1/4 cup fresh spinach (I used a little more than that)
-1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes
-Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
-Grilled Chicken breast, sauteed shrimp, or asparagus
-Feta

Directions:
-Boil pasta according to pckg. directions; set aside
-In a large skillet, heat wine, oil, marinara, mushrooms, tomatoes, and red pepper over medium heat; stir liberally for 4-5 minutes.
-Add pasta, mixing well.
-Add cream and continue stirring.
-Fold in spinach, stirring until wilted.
-Stir in cooked chicken, shrimp or asparagus.
-Serve with fresh parmesan on top a/o feta.

***If you use the entire box of Penne Pasta, then I would add more marinara and cream. You'll see what I mean as you start to mix it all together

No comments: