Happy Birthday to mi amiga mejor!

12:00 AM

I think I must be very emotional lately or something, but as I was thinking about all the things I wanted to say about her, I really started crying a little bit... partly from laughter about all the insane things we've done and also just because I really do love her so much.

I tried to post the most random, hilarious, and truly "us" pictures I could. Dani.. don't kill me for this. They are hilarious.

So Dannnniiii DEEJ, Happy 23rd Birthday!
First of all and probably most importantly, she is such a good friend. I know, I know "such a good friend" sounds so cliche. I don't care. Dani is so good to me. She understands me. I know I can always talk to her and she'll be there to listen
and give me the advice that I need to hear.
Dani is freaking hilarious. I'm not kidding. I think some people in our major may actually believe that I'm obsessed with her (this might be true). I don't have any classes with her anymore, so to make up for it... I just tell stories about how funny she is all the time. A few of my classmates last year actually thought I had been talking about my husband the entire semester. That's how many stories I tell about her (embarrassing).
I didn't want to bring this up... but I will. Only because I really do think she should try and make some money off this blogging thing. SO, I try to advertise her every once in a while. Remember how I said she was hilarious? Yeah. Well you should probably read her blog. You'll be entertained for hours -- Dani Deej
Dani just knows how to make people happy. She really does love all of her friends so much. She makes everyone feel welcome and loved. Por ejemplo (sorry people. you won't understand that if you don't habla espanol like dani and I;), when Dani and I got to Peru, we definitely knew each other and had hung out plenty, but it is a completely different ball game when you're not only living with someone, but also have to be with them 24/7 for safety reasons. I can honestly say I never ONCE got sick of her. We didn't fight. We didn't argue. We had the best time of our lives and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
She was so good to me and always made me feel like she cared about me.
She is so crafty and has everything you need to make anything! I swear that girl takes after her mom. She has every marker, paper, ribbon, fabric you could ask for. Anytime I need to make anything (like dividers for my art binder for example :), she has it.
Most organized person EVER. Not even kidding.
Her planner is literally color-coded. I'm pretty anal about to-do lists and making sure my assignments are under control, but this girl dwarfs me on this. She is always on top of things and prepared. I KNOW she must be the best teacher.



I'll keep this one short for obvious reasons.
She makes me feel really funny. Is that embarrassing to admit?
She is so full of laughter...and it's the best one you'll ever hear.
She is serviceful. I don't care if that's not a word.
She is always looking out for the people around her
and trying to help anyone she can.
She's also all about making sacrifices for the good of others.
I definitely am grateful for this quality in her since every time we took a shower in Peru we would get electricuted from the knob. There were lots of days where Dani would take a shower first, and then keep the water running. That way, I only had to get electricuted once when I turned the water off.

She's a keeper.
Dani has a huge heart. She loved our crazy little boys in Peru no matter what kind of trouble they got into. Bernie was one of the most insane kids ever, and she loved him so much. I guess you could also say she's extremely patient. I learn a lot from her on that area.
She sees the good in everyone and everything.
No joke.
She can always make something funny, even if it doesn't appear to be that way.

Happy birthday to one of the best people I know.
Let's keep our plans of moving together and teaching at the same school, please.
After you've traveled to a foreign country together, fixed flooding toilets, missed a flight in a spanish speaking airport, had dancing parties...alone, drank lemonade and biscuits, and talked to a dog named "socks" all day, it seems pretty much unreasonable to be far away from each other.

4 comments:

danielle said...

you are amazing & i love you.
just leave jd... that was hilarious, no lie!
te quiro mucho forever & always (we always rocked at spanglish).

Matt Clayton said...

Remember when you almost cried thinking about ME!...oh wait, the was over a mannequin.

Nielsens said...

dani rules! good post ash!

danielle said...

haha just came back to your blog and saw this bad boy. thanks again for the shout out :)