
Come on people...we all have these pictures.
Today was my first day of school... at Meadow Elementary!
I started my first cohort (where I teach in the classroom for one month with a mentor teacher). I'm in a first grade class & boy are they a trip.
I thought it might be a good idea to keep track
of some of the hilarious things they say and do.
Favorite quotes of today:
1.(The students had to write what they like to do on a rainy day)
ME: So what do you like to do on rainy days?
STUDENT: I like to play barbies with my brother.
ME IN HEAD: (Hmm...that's interesting, but whatever.)
STUDENT: (Whispering) I need to tell you something...
ME: What's that?
STUDENT: My brother likes to play with naked barbies.
2. STUDENT: Teacher?
TEACHER (not me): Yes?
STUDENT: You look like a queen!
TEACHER: Well, thank you! You look like a handsome prince!
*Don't worry the student was beaming and giggling
for practically five minutes after this.
3. (Standing in the lunch line/recess line in their coats)
STUDENT 1: A superstar has my coat.
STUDENT 2: Who?!
STUDENT 1: Hannah Montana.
Today was great.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful month of March.
3 comments:
bahahah
we're gonna have to remember all these! My favorite was when my mentor teacher was telling the students about people coming in to observe and how the kids need to stay on task when that happens. One boy asked if the people coming in were FBI agents. Yes, coming to keep an eye on me, America's Most Wanted.
You look absolutely darling! xoxo
Ash! You are so adorable! I love your necklace. Good luck with teaching.
Post a Comment