These two have been cracking me up lately with their love of headbands, flower crowns, sunglasses, and jewelry. We went through a phase for about 2 weeks where Stella would try to yank off her headband right after I put it on. If I could distract her for a minute or so after I put it on, she wouldn't touch it again but I won't lie, I was starting to get worried. I have been putting headbands on them since the hospital in hopes that I could sort of "train" them to let me put accessories on them. Who knows if it really worked or if they just naturally don't mind, but I think this stage is so funny. They light up when they see me wearing a watch, bracelets, or necklaces and the look on their face when I put an accessory on them is hysterical. I have one bracelet in particular {pictured above} that when Stella wears, she has to walk around with her wrist in the air because it's so heavy! She refuses to take it off though, so we just roll with it and I laugh my face off at how much of a diva she looks like!
For their birthday, we made them flower crowns out of baby's breath and by the end of the day, they were bringing them up to me and their grandma's and putting their heads down so that we could put it on them! We were laughing so hard. We let them wear it to church the next day and they left them on the entire three hours and then some!
I thought we'd make them some flower crowns for their Halloween costumes. I don't know what in the heck I was thinking. It was SO hard to use actual flowers that big! The crowns ended up being ginormous, ugly, and super heavy! I really didn't think there was any way they'd keep them on. I put it on Stella to see what she'd do, and she just chilled in it. She wore it around the house before we put on costumes, during photos, AND after trick or treating! The only reason why she didn't wear it from house to house was because Navy REFUSED to wear hers and I didn't want to have one wearing it and one not {people are so weird about stuff like that and love to make comments like, "ohh you must like her better, huh!" so when it comes to things like this, I try to keep it the same}.
This has been such a sweet little phase and it definitely needed to be documented. It makes me curious to see if this will be something that continues on into toddlerhood.





5 comments:
They are edible. You must have so much fun with them.
Those pictures are great! Good thinking starting them on headbands in the hospital. My girls never liked them.
I'm sure you've "trained" them well and they love a little bling :) I love these pictures!! I thought the flower crowns were darling!!!
فنى
Situs mantap : situs wso288
Post a Comment