In some ways, writing this post really surprises me. JD and I lived in San Francisco last summer & saying it wasn't our favorite experience is pretty mild. I basically hated it. When I found out we were moving back, there were a few nights of tears and plenty of days spent stressing and wanting to cling to every moment I had left in Utah.
Since we've been back, I have been pleasantly surprised to say the least. It seems like every Saturday I spend roaming the streets with J, we have the same conversation every time. It always goes something like this, "I love this place so much. It's so perfect." Which always results in a, "I know… I never want to move!" We really have fallen in love with this city. Of course there are still downsides --- no dishwasher {not even a garbage disposal!!! what?!?}, laundromat visits every 2 weeks, crazy parking and even crazier rent, my dream job {that I had!} being in Utah, no family members around the corner --- ones that I always thought would be deal breakers. Even though we are really missing a lot of the things we took for granted in Utah, there have been so many great things about this city that I really can't complain. Our ward for one, is so fantastic and really has made this move completely worth it. And the scenery… is it for real? I can't wait for this city to be the backdrop for our future little{s} to grow up with. It's sort of out of this world.
So city life… I pushed you away for a long time…even despised you for a while. Buuuttttt…. you've proved me wrong. Don't fail me now!




No comments:
Post a Comment