I know, I know. Every suitcase travels BUT not as much as ours have these past few months. I decided to choose a picture from each of our stops for sake of "let's show our children how mom didn't ALWAYS have a breakdown when it was time to move/pack/reorganize her entire life." Here we go!
^A picture of JD my last day of teaching and one of our last weeks living in Utah. We had to pack up our lives into a storage unit/sell all of our furniture before heading to our next stop.
^We ended up in Ohio next to spend a few days soaking up all of the amazingness of my sweet childhood.
^Then we drove through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and then to South Carolina where we spent our 17th year in Hilton Head. Imagine packing up your entire life but then having to decide what needed to be in a suitcase for Hilton Head & Ohio. Doesn't sound hard...but it was.
^After my favorite week of the year, we drove back to Ohio for a few days.
^After saying goodbye to the easy life in Ohio, we headed back to Utah to get everything out of the storage unit. We put a hitch on our car and packed all of our crap {only leaving behind suitcases for NYC and Idaho}, had our landlord do a cleaning check {meaning we also stayed up all night cleaning} and then began our trek to the next state.
^We drove 40 mph up the hills just chugging along with our trailer on the back, stayed at the nastiest {such an understatement} motel I've ever seen, and then finally made it to Arizona after an hour and a half detour to see one of my best friends get married in the Mesa temple. She was beautiful & I was SO happy that I could finally be there to see one of my cheetahs tie the knot.
^After leaving Arizona, we drove with our awesome trailer once more to Southern California to dump all of our stuff in the Rasmussen storage unit. The day after we dropped our stuff off, the check engine light turned on. That's always a good feeling after you've hauled a few thousand pounds. Turns out the gas cap wasn't tight. Niiiiiice. We spent a few days there and then left our car in CA and jumped on a plane back to....
^UTAH! We were there for long enough to sleep and then we jumped in the car again {this time with no trailer -- thank goodness!}.
^Idaho! We spent 10 days living the good life --- floating down rivers, hunting for animal remains, boating, shooting guns, and sleeping in. Doesn't get much "gooder" than that.
^We went back to Utah to drop Lex's car off {we used it to get to Idaho}, stopped at City Creek for the Anniversary Sale {those were a purchase...love them!!}, worked a shift at GAP, and got to see Austin & Kendy.
^After kissing Utah goodbye until November, I packed my bags and met up with JD in NYC for a night.
^Next stop: Dallas for a conference for my new job: Nerium International. Everything was done at the Gaylord Texan. It was HUGE! I'm a brand partner with my mom and two of my aunts so we had a blast together. The entire conference was awesome and I'm so glad I went. The cherry on top? Getting to see Sara! What were the chances? So spoiled to see her two times this summer already!
^After spending 4 days in Dallas, I am back to NYC until the end of August. 5 weeks of vacation before real life in San Francisco begins. It has been a wild ride this summer but you're only young once, right?
Life is crazy & I'm embracing it!




3 comments:
I'm having anxiety just thinking about all that travelling! Okay but really you are making me want to cut my hair. The length is adorable and now I'm craving bangs!
what a crazy travel schedule, but of course you've look fabulous through it all. If you have any need to make a detour through wyoming with any remaining travels - feel free! you have a place to stay! ;)
ash you are crazy! I leave for a few days and feel like i need a week to recover haha. Hey quick question: Do you have someone that helps design your blog? I like the changes you have made and I want to clean mine up a bit
Post a Comment