My Day of Love?

10:17 PM


If you really must know... it was LONG.  Good, sweet, but long.  My special time of the month decided to grace me with its presence on the day of love {happy valentines day???}.  How precious.

I spent Valentines Eve at school preparing our photo booth, putting together valentines for the kids, downloading, ordering, and printing out their pictures for their cards, cutting the poster board FOR their cards, and feeling sorry for myself after ripping like 5 holes in my nylons due to scaling the brick wall trying to get 3 massive sheets of butcher paper up all by myself {hello run-on sentence...}.   I kept telling myself...it's fiiineeee.  Tomorrow is going to be AWESOME so it's worth the late night.

"Tomorrow" was not exactly awesome.  "Tomorrow" was full of cramps, hyperactive children, and too much chocolate intake.  However, my students absolutely loved the photo booth {I really wish I could show you their pictures...SO FREAKIN' FUNNY} and I received some sweet little Valentines that reminded me of how loving those little hyperactive crazies are.  I think I almost cried when I found that little Conversation Heart on my desk.  No.  Like, I'm not kidding.  Tears {almost}.  I needed it.

I was in no mood {that's an understatement} to do any Valentine'ing on Thursday.  And when I say "no mood" I mean the second I walked in the door I got in the shower, put PJ's and a robe on, and got in bed.  Party hardy over here.  We know how to get down.

We ended up hitting up Cheesecake Factory on Friday when the crowds had died down {a little} and ventured around the mall looking at all of the home goods stores.  I have a sick fascination with all things for the home lately.  It's a problem that doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon.  A girl can dream, right?

No comments: