Every year for the past umpteen years, we join all of our cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We arrived yesterday in the late afternoon. Although the weather hasn't been ideal, I guess a few clouds never hurt anyone. That tropical storm down in Florida has been a bit of a buzz kill up here, but I'm hoping it'll all pass by Wednesday.
Each night, a family (or two) is in charge of dinner. Tonight was ours. My mom and aunt made some different lasagnas and I was in charge of dessert. Do any of you read The Rockstar Diaries? It's only one of my very favorites. One of her guest bloggers put a recipe on her blog for Raspberry Ice Cream Pie. It looked SO good to me, so I braved the uncertainty that I often feel each time I make something for the first time. It was a hit and I am totally making this again when I get back to San Fran for J. I think I'm going to try some different flavors next time. It was delicious and a great dessert recipe for the summer.
After dinner, we headed to the beach with the fam. I love my sisters. It is SO much fun to finally be a complete family (as far as sisters are concerned). I can hardly wait until Lex gets married so that we can be complete in every way. We ventured around the beach (which is FULL of seaweed this year from the tropical storm --- never seen anything like this before) found a horseshoe king crab, and just enjoyed each other's company.
Love that family of mine, although we are most definitely missing someone very important - JD. He's such a hard worker. There will be plenty more pictures to come this next week.






4 comments:
Have fun and have some quality time with your family!
Zadin ♥♥♥
sounds yummmmm. you should also make it when you come back to provo :) haha
oh wow, i can't believe that thing was picked up! all such beautiful photographs! you girls are lovely :)
xo TJ
I can come next year. Right?
Post a Comment