my brother got married on a Saturday, we finished packing our lives up on Sunday (and dumped a majority of it in a 10x10 locker), finished cleaning on a Monday...and headed out that evening for San Francisco for the summer? Yeah. I hardly do either. Everything has been such a blur these past few days.
(Our junk)
(Turns out reading Stargirl in 4 hours aloud to your husband is a great start to the roadtrip. JD loved the book and has decided to make all of our future kids read it.)
We were seriously stressed for months trying to find a place to live here in the city. People aren't the biggest fans of just handing out short term contracts here (which is understandable), so we were looking at paying about $2300 in rent PER MONTH. Which would be fine if I was getting a five bedroom home with three bathrooms. I'd invite you all over for a big old party in the city. But wait. We were looking at $2300 a month for a teensy studio apartment with one "bathroom." Yeah, I threw up in my mouth a few times too.
By some miracle, we found a listing on a Google Doc for the LDS ward out here for a studio for only $1300. I never in a million years thought that I would be singing hallelujah choruses for $1300 in rent. Turns out life is full of surprises lately. It does make your stomach turn a bit when you realize you're paying $1000 less than normal to be on lower Nob Hill. That's supposed to be nice, right? So in all honesty, I was expecting it to be pretty bad. By no means is it amazing, but three walk-in closets? That's worth a whole lot to me!
Here is the grand tour of our one room apartment! Be prepared to be amazed! ;)
(Desk. Bed. All you really need I suppose.)
(Kitchen pt. 1)
(Kitchen pt. 2)
(Walk-in closet #1)
(Other part of closet #1)
(Walk-in closet #2 - and I don't have a picture of the third but it looks just like this.)
Not too shabby. I mean, maybe in a week or so I'll be going stir crazy and be pulling my hair out, who knows. For now, I'll call it good and make myself at home. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment