Park de Island.

12:30 AM

Since I was out of commission on Friday, we postponed our Idaho trip with JD's family to Saturday. By that evening, my eye was mostly healed (I used eye drops up until Tuesday just because I had some minor goopage and crusties -isn't pink eye glamorous? - going on in the mornings). Since I wasn't quite ready for the public eye, I proceeded to wear my sunglasses - at night, may I add - at the cabin. They ended up working to my advantage. My poker face was much easier to hold during our games of Mexican Train. Winna.

I wasn't much fun on Sunday, considering I coughed, slept, sniffed, blew, wiped (and you can insert the rest of the disgusting verbs you have to do when you're sick) from 8am-6pm. I was basically a bear in hibernation. I made it out in time for dinner, some chit chat, and some rounds of Mexican Train (clearly a family favorite). Then I was back to sleep at midnight. Kind of nuts what your body can/can't do when it's sick.

Monday I stepped outside for the first time in nearly 36 hours and was surprised at how warm, sunny, and beautiful it was. The boys did some fishing, Jake and I made some plato creations, and we all hung out. We left just before dinner and of course feasted on our road trip favorite, Smart Pop. Wouldn't be a 5 hour car ride without it.


While we were there, Tori gave me this adorable gift for my bday. How amazing is this ring holder? I absolutely love it. Thanks again, Tor!


Family is good. Really, really good.

No comments: