OW.

10:38 PM


Tonight was the first time I've exercised (other than capture the flag with my class) in nearly a year. I HATE working out. I know, I know. Typical arguments are as follows:

-"It's so awesome! I feel so energized and happy when I'm done!"
-"I feel like I could take on the world!"
-"My day just isn't the same without it!"

Mmhmm. Heard it all. Still hate it.

I did a 50 minute pilates video tonight and by the end of it, not only did I feel a lack of energy...but I just about collapsed to the ground. I could barely stand in the shower when I was finished. My brain was on repeat..."MUST. SIT. DOWN. NOW." My left leg started cramping so bad during it, I literally thought that whole side of my body was going to give out. It was all I could do to not send JD to the grocery store to buy me a freaking bundle of bananas.
(Disclaimer: I know that I won't feel like this EVERY time. I mean come on, I went from working out 0 minutes in a day to 50 minutes. Hard core. I'm not an idiot...just dramatic.)

Let's just say it's a good thing that my chair has wheels on it because I'm pretty sure my pathetic self is going to have some trouble standing up straight tomorrow. Mrs. Rasmussen will be rolling around the classroom for the next 2 days. I can just see it now..."Your name can go on the Super Star board IF you are willing to push my chair (and me) down the hallyway to lunch." Yes, please, and thank you.

JD and I have set a goal to work out 3 times a week. Can we do it?! I'm not going to answer that question at the moment since I'm certain that my judgment and attitude is a bit clouded. I will however, keep you updated. Root for me, okay?

1 comment:

KaycieQ said...

girl, i feel ya! I went running for the first time in FOREVER yesterday due to a big race I'm running in June. All my cardio is dancing or cycling. I can't get up out of anything!