Happy Birthday Seuss Man!

5:48 PM

Read-a-thon?
Check.

P.J. party for the kiddos?
Check.

Mrs. Rasmussen dressed in neon yellow attire
as "Sam" from my kindergarten favorite: Green Eggs and Ham?
Check.


In honor of the good, good man he was, I feel inclined to share some favorite segments of one of my favorite stories of them all with you. I mean, the whole book is pretty amazing so I guess I'll just have to be picky.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.

"You can steer yourself any
direction you choose."

You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And
YOU are the guy who'll
decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."

With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

And you may not find any you'll want to go down.
In that case, of course, you'll head straight out of town.

And will you succeed?
Yes
! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

"Kid, you'll move mountains!"

So, be your name Buxbaum
or Bixby or Bray or
Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places
!
Today is your day
!
Your mountain is waiting.
So,
get on your way!


Thanks Dr. Seuss. You are THE man.


2 comments:

Sister Alison Vincent said...

Umm...you're the cutest teacher ever. Loving the Sam outfit and maybe I'm just emotional today but I like teared up reading the Dr. Seuss segments. ha. love ya cuz.

Anonymous said...

Just passing through, we don't know each other but I wanted to say I'm so glad there are teachers like you who love their job even though it's hard, and do their best to make school and learning enjoyable for the kids. Wish ALL teachers were like that, but its a hard job. Looks like you are doing great so keep at it!