Brother Bear is home!

5:10 PM

My sweet brother Austin is one of my favorite people in this world. We've gotten the chance to experience a lot of fun opportunities together. I was lucky enough to have 1 year of high school with him in which we even shared a class together. I still remember the days of me screaming "BBROTHERRR BEAR!!!" down the hallways and having him roll his eyes and look the other way in embarrassment. I tried to convince him that it was fine because I was pretty awesome...but he never quite believed me.

We also got to share one year of BYU together, which is a miracle all in itself for anyone who knows either of us..but mostly him. ;) Then he left on his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Albania. He served honorably and amazingly there for 18 months. The last two or so weeks of his mission he was hospitalized. After lots of testing and craziness, it was determined that he be sent home for proper treatment and care in America. We are so proud of him and of the time he spent serving the Lord. I know he did amazing things for the people that he served.

This news of him coming home came quite quickly. And when I say quickly, I mean we had about 36 hours preparation time. I jumped on a flight back to Ohio (without my luggage and not on purpose...good thing JD came a few days later) and got in about 3 hours before he did. My dad picked me up and I started making signs the second I got off the plane!


Our family minutes after him arriving. We were SO happy!


Here is my skinny little brother. We're trying to pack some meat on his bones but it might be a long process!


And this is how I ended up in Ohio for the end of my Christmas break. JD joined us a few days later. It was wonderful to get to spend our break with ALL of both sides of our family. A surprise for sure...but a good one!

No comments: