Post Thanksgiving Day Festivities

9:50 PM

I realize I haven't even blogged about Thanksgiving day itself...but it's on the way. For now, let me just tell you about the amazingness of the rest of the break.

First of all, I didn't set an alarm. It was AMAZING. I don't even care if you judge me when I say this... I slept in one day until 11:30am and I loved every hour of it. Now before the "she's so lazy" thoughts start creeping in, let me explain to you that we were up until 3am the night before playing Phase 10 (which I'm horrendous at, by the way). So really, it was only 8 1/2 hours of sleep. And I mean, let's be serious right now. Family games are kind of more important than waking up at 9am, right?

Secondly, my family was here. Have I said that enough? Can you tell that I am still grinning from ear to ear as I'm typing this? Well I am. It was AMAZING...especially because it felt like my break was a whole week (even though I did teach for two days) since my mom came the Saturday before. She rocks.

Thirdly, I have about a bajillion things to be thankful for this year. I'll get to that in my real Thanksgiving day post.

We got to harass Alexis in the dorms:

See the Temple Square Lights in the freezingness of the crazy Utah weather:


Everyone got to beat JD at bowling (& I'm really not lying...even my score topped his):



And you know we had to shop. This is what our pantry/trash pile looked like by the end of it.

Thanksgiving break was amazing. I'm not going to complain about the fact that another, even longer break is right around the corner. Ho, ho, ho!

No comments: