I've been horrible at blogging. Life is suddenly a little crazy around here but hopefully it will come to a slow down soon.
I was emailing my brother tonight (he's on a mission in Albania) and I was telling him a little bit about some of the experiences I've had in my classroom with my kids lately. I don't really write about my students at all on here, and I don't think that will change anytime soon. I do wish I could tell you specific things about how awesome they really are, but for the sake of privacy, I won't. However, I feel like I can probably tell my brother who's in another country about the hilarious/humbling stories. As I was doing this, I started thinking... Being a teacher is so cool. It's hard. Freaking hard. And somedays I just want to come home and cry/sleep for a million hours. But it's the little moments that just make it all worth it. I feel so lucky and blessed to be with these kids and to learn from them. They're amazing. Crazy at times, but mostly amazing. Even though I get jealous that JD finishes with his homework before I do, that he will have an extra week off for Christmas break, has cancelled classes, AND that he will be out of school a month before me, I know I am where I'm supposed to be. This is the career that I was supposed to have...and I feel happy about that.
I know it's never good to be too content with your life, but right now I am. And I think that's okay.
Here's to another good week.
1 comment:
I love this post. I definitely think being a teacher is worth it. And HELLO...we get the entire summer off. It's so wonderful.
Post a Comment