1st Day of 6th Grade (teaching)

4:19 PM


I guess it was official back in June when I was offered the position, but now it feels about 300 times more official since I have actually had a full day of teaching 6th grade. I LOVED it. They are such angels on the first day of school, aren't they? Let's give it another 48 hours and I'm sure I'll be rethinking that statement.

I was amazed by the fact that I didn't get the butterflies or feel sick this morning. Not one single time. This is completely unlike me because normally, I get nervous about mostly anything... even when I don't think I will. My dad took my "first day of school" picture which felt pretty natural since he did that for 13 years straight growing up. The whole day felt natural, actually.

Hooray for Mrs. Rasmussen's 6th grade class! I sure do love those crazies already!

4 comments:

Joey and Raegan said...

Ah! I am dying!
1. You are the cutest teacher alive and I can't wait for you to have the best year ever!
2. I miss you.
3. It makes me sad not being in the classroom next door to you after all of our crazy times together in those classes.
4. I might be in Utah later this week.
5. You know what that means...I'll be calling you.

Christa Chamberlin said...

Ashley you are by far the cutest teacher I've ever seen! Have so much fun!

Nielsens said...

ok can you get any more stylish/adorable/good looking/modelish/teacher worthy???
ps. made it to utah for good. cant wait to see you soon!

Lacy_joy said...

Sooo happy i found your blog. I am trying to get motivated to start one up! I just wanted to tell you that I have this exact same outfit and i wore it the other day...so weird. we are twinners. I am amazed at how many of the same clothes we have! I also have that GAp front tie shirt you just wore and the anthro pink pleated skirt...oh goodness. You look so much better in the clothes than I do! MISS YOU!