Sneak Peak.

3:02 PM

Here is one of the bulletin boards that I have in my classroom. It's just a mini one on the side of my dry erase board. The top will be for our class rules, which we'll create on the first day. Maybe I'll take another picture once we get those up. The bottom is for our classroom jobs. Once I get my class list, each of those popsicle sticks will have a name on it, and the students will rotate through the jobs each week (only 9 kids will have jobs at a time). I used the clothesline for the "Class Rules/Class Jobs" because I incorporated that in two other places in my room (more pictures to follow). I didn't do a classroom theme. In no way am I saying it's a bad thing. It's just not for me, for a few reasons.
1. By the time they're in 6th grade, they could care less.
2. It's too much work for me to have to base everything off of one theme.
3. I think I would go insane if I had to be in a room that revolved only around camp, jungle, carnival, ocean, beach theme...etc, etc. For some people it works, for me... not so much.

Instead, I just wanted to make the room inviting and homey. Hopefully I will accomplish that.



I feel less and less stressed out each time I walk in my classroom, which I think is a good thing. I still have LOTS to do, but it's getting there.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ashley,

I am teaching sixth grade too. There is so much to do. We should share documents to minimize the work load! Let me know if you want to!

Katie said...

So cute! What a fun teacher you must be!!