Really though, those kids spoil me. They were running to the "snack shack" buying me crackers, Reeses, Sour Patch watermelons, butterfingers, twizzlers, etc. etc. HOLY CRAP. I think they are secretly plotting to make me gain 5 lbs. before the Payson pool party at the end of the year (whether or not I will be in swim suit attire is debatable). Not only are they little brown nosers (and I'm not even giving them grades anymore!) but they also know how to give a good confidence boost. After I left, I was talking to my mom and I told her I had no idea why I had waited this long to see them again! They make me feel so good about myself! ;) Not to mention, they're hilarious and they don't even know it.
Below, you will find my goods from the last day of my student teaching in their class. One of the kids got me a book...my FIRST classroom book! I almost cried. What an adorable gift. It was one I had been reading with his guided reading group...the BFG. I had the entire class sign it. The second the bell rang, they were walking through the door showering me with origami flowers, frogs, fish, boats...you name it. They are one talented group of kids. If you take a look at the picture below, you will find some seriously awesome flowers. Don't worry...they're in a vase by my kitchen window.


I also am an avid Fruit Ninja player. I may or may not have bragged to the kids about scoring 999 on arcade mode (hold your applause please). So, they decided to make the most intense 3D Fruit Ninja card for me... hahahahah. How creative are they?! If you play Fruit Ninja, then you'll appreciate this...the card was doubled so that it appeared that it was a multiplayer set-up!


I love these little crazies. We're going to the Marriott center on Tuesday to practice for Hope of America... so you know, I'll be brushing up on my dance moves these next few days.
2 comments:
Ashley, so fun to read about your spoiling by your classroom! Really, you have to be a fantastic teacher with that kind of love and enthusiasm for the kids! Congrats again on graduating! It was a big day for me with 3 granddaughters in that diploma line, too! So proud of you all!
Hey Ashley! I'm interning in the 5th grade next year so if you have some awesome lesson plans PLEASE email them to me. Seriously. This is not a joke. I need all the help I can get! haha Thanks :)
Post a Comment