I haven't really updated the blog with many pictures lately. BUT, we have been up to some fun things. Especially now that our time in Pennsylvania is coming to an end, we've been making an effort to get everything we can out of it. Next weekend we are thinking about exploring Harrisburg and hopefully taking a kayak down the Susquehanna river.
We're still going to our favorite farmers market every Tuesday called "Roots."
This is me with some chickens they sell each week. YUM ;)
We took a little evening trip down to Gettysburg. We saw some sites and also did a Ghost walk. Gettysburg is SO pretty!
I went to DC this past Saturday with my cousin Jenna to visit our friend Sheryl who lives there. Sheryl and I worked at EFY together last summer. It was so fun getting to see her again!
Then, I went back to DC the next day with JD. Doug took a bus there from NYC and met up with us. We went to Holocaust Museum and the other typical DC sites. Unfortunately, it started raining while we were there for a little.

Sometimes I forget how awkward we really do look together. Then we take a picture and I remember again :) It's a good thing J has such a baby face. I already look like I'm only 18 years old... we don't want people getting the wrong idea!
He's even taller than the Washington Monument! ;)
We went to Mt. Vernon to visit George Washington's home but it was already closed. It was bittersweet. We were only 40 minutes late... but kind of glad since it is $15 to go inside! Last time I went I was in 8th grade, and I definitely didn't remember it being that expensive. We made sure to go inside the shop though and get a picture with Georgie boy.
After we dropped Doug off at the station that night, we went to see one of JD's mission companions who lived nearby. JD was his trainer when he got into Japan. Elder Johnson (Greg) just got home about 6 weeks ago. It was fun to see them reminisce on their days in Japan!
All in all, we have had a good & busy summer here in PA. Even though we're LITERALLY in the middle of nowhere, it isn't a terrible location since we're so close to fun cities like DC, Baltimore, NYC, and Gettysburg.



1 comment:
so glad you had fun ash! i'm jealous you live close to all these cool places so you can go visit! i can't wait to see you soon! we need to catch up!
Post a Comment