Official.

2:27 PM

Today I went to the SS office and changed my name/got a new card. I honestly stood there for about 5 minutes staring at the line on the paperwork that asked me what I wanted my new name to be. I have gone back and forth for 8 months over this. Should I keep my middle name or should I make my middle name my maiden name? I ALWAYS thought I would keep my middle name, making my new name: Ashley Karena (soft e sound) Rasmussen. Then once I actually got married, I kind of was sad about losing the Eckel. All four of the names would just be too much... soooo, I had to pick.

I went with: Ashley Eckel Rasmussen. I decided that legally, that will be my name. BUT, when people ask me what my middle name is --- which I realize RARELY happens, but hey...it helped me feel better about my decision --- I will tell them it is Karena.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ;)

No comments: